Is your home foundation experiencing water damage? As a matter of fact, water is one of the most common causes when it comes to damage to the foundation, especially extreme weather conditions where flooding and heavy rain is common. The following are some of the best tips on how to spot, prevent and fix water foundation damages:
How Water Damages the Foundation of Your Home?
There are actually a lot of ways to which water can cause significant to minor damage to your home foundation such as:
- It can cause the ground underneath your home foundation to shift or erode in the long run. This causes the insufficient support for your home foundation, and that leads to cracking as well as shifting.
- Moisture or water can cause the soil or ground around your home’s foundation to expand and contract. This also puts pressure on the foundation which can lead to cracking.
- It can cause the parts of your wooden structure to decay or rot.
Signs of Water Damage
- A musty door that does not seem to leave the basement
- Discoloration of the walls, wallpaper which is peeling off or carpeted floors which become spongy and moist.
- The odor and appearance of mildew or mold.
- walls sagging or bending, either outward or inward.
- Cracks appearing in your walls and flooring of your business.
How to Avoid Water Damage
Some areas and weather conditions are just prone to water damage. But you can minimize the chance of it happening in a lot of ways.
- Keep your water pipes in good shape in order to prevent flooding or bursting your residential property.
- Employ drainage methods in order to keep the rainwater away from your home’s foundation.
- Maintain your gutters on a regular basis so that it drains water away properly from your house.
What You Should Do if There’s Water Damage
Once you see or suspect that the foundation of your home might be damaged as the result of flooding, do not hesitate to contact the professional and experienced home foundation repair service provider to handle those things in your behalf. With that being said, these professionals will also check your home’s foundation to inspect for any damages. Excess moisture will be eliminated as well as the foundation will be repaired and strengthened.
How to Know if the Foundation of Your Home is Sinking?
One kind of foundation damage people may usually face is a sinking frustration. It is always difficult to spot it, unfortunately.
What Causes the Sinking of Your Foundation?
A foundation can begin sinking when it was built improperly on the ground by the contractors. In addition to that, it can also happen if it was built on the soil which is unstable. Soil will change and level in the long run and it should be stable enough to maintain the foundation for an added period of time. If you’re looking for the best foundation repair contractor for your house, contact Tampa Foundation Repair